Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Strawberry Toast & The Seattle Temple


Last night Jake and I went to the Temple. It is about an hour drive in the rush hour traffic of Seattle. Jake was SUPER grumpy because of some mishaps at work, so I spent a majority of the hour either quiet, or trying to make him happy. By the end of the night Jake was a little better but a little hungrier too. When I asked him what he wanted to eat when we got home, with a great big smile he answered "Strawberry Toast." You see, strawberry toast has a history with Jake.... when Jake was a kid, his friend Travis Robinson, Travis's Dad, and Jake were out eating breakfast one morning and the waitress asked Jake what kind of toast he wanted with his eggs. "Strawberry" was his answer. Everyone smiled and the waitress asked again, what kind of TOAST would you like...."Strawberry." Finally she had to spell it out for him....what kind of bread do you want me to toast. Sometimes this is just the way Jake is, you have to spell things out for him. I just love Jake and this story of him and thought I would share with the rest of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment