Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1 Yeah Baby 2 Honks and 3 Scriptures


I am high on life my friends.....I came home and decided there was no better way to spend my hour than to be out running. I usually get a few Hey Baby's or a whistle or two...but tonight it was a "Yeah Baby" and then 2 honks from another driver. As white trash as it sounds, it made me feel pretty good! It only got better while running on back roads with no traffic, the smell of apples fallen from the tree, smashed against the unforgiving pavement, and the old man trying to figure out how to ride his bike again. It was nice to have the only sounds be of my breath and nature. By the time I arrived back to my 808 home, I had only a few minutes left to get ready for young womens. We had planned to learn how to make ice cream and have a scripture chase (while the ice cream was churning). The scripture chase brought me back to the good old days when I woke up at 5:30 and always (no matter how hard I tried because breakfast was more important) was late to seminary. Tonight I was sorely beat by the 12 and 13 year old girls at finding the scriptures, but I came out the winner in the end. There were actually 4 scriptures that I wanted to share but 4 didn't fit into my heading very well. The fist being Revelation 19:12 "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God: and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." I have heard people say things about starting a new chapter in their lives and what not, but thinking a little more about it, I want the things written in my book to be about my good works. If you are like me and may be a tad embarrassed about some of the things that are already written in your book: Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow; though your sins be red like crimson, the shall be as wool." I am usually not a very bold person and was a little hesitant to share my spiritual feelings to the world, but sometimes we know things that no one can talk us out of.

Job 19: 25-26 "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God." Romans 1:16 " For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

No comments:

Post a Comment