Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The scooter I will never have

I have ALWAYS wanted a scooter. SO BAD. I have convinced Jake that I NEED ONE and he has even been asking me what color I like best and sorts. When we were in Seattle last weekend for the Torchlight parade, we got there a little early and happened to walk by the scooter shop.
I liked them all, I didn't care which one I got. I dreamt of the day I would get a scooter...until today. At about 7 p.m. I was out in the back yard and I heard some tire screeching and gravel going everywhere. I heard a big vehicle coming my way. I ran into the house for safety and then ran through the house out to the front door. There I saw smoke from the tire screeching and a bunch of cars on the side of the road. Heard some honking, but everyone, like me was just trying to figure out what just happened. I do not know all of the details, but I do know that someone in a gold vehicle hit a man on a scooter and fled the scene....all of the tire screeching and driving on the side of the road (what I though was a car about to go through the fence) was actually a person (on a black car) chasing after the gold vehicle. Pretty much everyone was in shock. The police came about two minutes later. The man on the scooter did not make it. From what the police have told neighbors and I, is that the man on the scooter was not from the area and that the person in the gold vehicle has been caught. The accident happened about .25 of a mile up the road and the police have completely blocked the road to measure the tire marks and such. I feel so incredibly bad for the man whose life was taken. I will be a more cautious driver and have kissed my scooter riding days good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment