Wednesday, September 9, 2009

So this is love

Photobucket
My husband works his (bleep) off for us to have the things we have. He seriously amazes me everyday. When things get really crazy at work, all I want to do is go home and stop thinking about work....but he continues day after day to work it out. Today he was really slammed. REALLY. There was nothing I could do to take some of the load....which means he works a lot. So much actually, that one of his friends just called the office and asked if Jake was home. As you have figured out, he isn't home much but the fact that we work together makes it bearable.

We didn't date very long before we were engaged (50 days actually) and not long after that we were married (83 days)....because I knew I loved him from the beginning, although It actually wasn't love at first sight. When I first saw him, he walked into Blane and Brian's apartment wearing black Teva flip flops, khaki cargo shorts, and a Northface T-shirt. Granola was his nickname. If you haven't seen a very clear picture, he has very full eyebrows. This was something I noticed right away!

Jake spent the conference weekend in a contest (with his friend Brice)...who could win my heart. Of course Jake won. He has continued to win me over with his Caterpillar eye brows, entrepreneur personality, and devotion to me. Now his eye brows are just another thing I love about him so much (not that I ever hated them, they are just a very noticeable feature). Another reason I thought he would be a lovely husband was the fact that he can't smell. Nope, not even farts, sweat, or bad breath.

I love him for so many other reasons than this, but this will do for now.

1 comment: