Sunday, September 20, 2009

I got worms

We needed a compost system... they have some for sale at the fair for $87. No thanks. We went to home depot and looked in their scrap pile and got some wood for CHEEP. (51 cents a board). We fashioned the one we made after the one we saw at the fair even though theirs was made out of plastic. We have the system, the compost, but no worms. We heard we could get them at the farmers market Saturday mornings, but after asking around we discovered the worm lady was done at the end of August. Calling the garden and hardware stores was not a success either. We found a place online but they cost $39 per pound. We are still searching.

Photobucket

With the wood scraps I made these

Photobucket
Photobucket

Rad right! Jake thinks the one that says fall says fail. He just can't read good!
Then with the left over paper and some ribbon I made this

Photobucket

I love it. So all together (Fall blocks, Autumn Leaves, and the flags) it was only 5 pieces of paper, some left over wood, ribbon, paint, sand paper, and mod podge glue. (And I sewed the paper flags to the ribbon). I am now better prepared to enjoy the fall weather.

2 comments:

  1. You are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo creative!!! I love love love to look at your blog and see all the things you make. I should have you come over and help me decorate.

    ReplyDelete