Sunday, September 6, 2009

Yesterday we were very busy

Photobucket


This was us staining my OTHER birthday present from my Dad (that we picked up from IKEA) that we stained in our awesome garage on Jake's awesome table.

Photobucket

We picked out some awesome fabric from Joann. I really LOVE the color and designs.

Photobucket
And this is how they turned out. I love them and can't stop looking at them. Before there was nothing to sit on (okay, maybe one stool that wasn't even tall enough)... but these $12.99 stools (and some beautiful fabric) make my life happier. I also felt as though my porch swing needed some company...so I made some things:



I made the stick pumpkin out of sticks! Okay, the stem is a rose bush stem that we had to cut off and I saved just in case I would ever need it, and the other sticks are from a group of small dead bushes (that were already dead when we moved in) that I cut off months ago and saved just in case I would need them too! So I just hot glued two small sticks together to make longer sticks and glued those to the stem. The red stool was the old short one that just got replaced by my new beautiful ones....but I spray painted it to match the swing. ( I almost just spelled swing sweeng). I bought the orange pumpkins on sale for super cheep and the red love seat is from our back yard. My swing is no longer lonely and it hardly cost me anything.

2 comments:

  1. I love the stools! Can I copy your idea for my kitchen chairs? I have been wanting to change them. I never realized have crafty you were until I read your blog. We have a lot of similar styles. You might have to start making two of every!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE your stools. love, love, love! you are so crafty and have such great ideas. you should come over and rub off on me. i'm braindead from all these kids and no longer receiving creative vibes. cute pumpkin too. cute, cute. also, love the blinking white man post. even made brian come read

    ReplyDelete