Friday, December 18, 2009

This To That


We had two of those Ikea coffee tables sitting in our garage. Ikea is the most amazing store ever. The only problem was, since the time Jake and I have purchased those tables, we have moved 3 times. This last move we just didn't put them back together again. So you can see, I drew a little picture and Jake built me a little something. I love how marriage works!
.
On a side note, about a year or two ago I went crazy and bought some really nice jeans. Ignoring my friend's suggestion to buy the jeans really tight (because they stretch...not shrink) I bought 3 pair, all too big. They have been sitting in boxes labeled "big clothes." I have been rummaging through those boxes trying to find things to wear. So I found these really nice jeans.
.
I have this thing with the new style of jeans. The "Suffocate your ankle" jeans. You know, the jeans you have to wear with ballerina slippers because they are SO TIGHT at the bottom. Yeah, I can't pull those off. So anyways, I like my jeans to be wide enough at the bottom to cover the tops of my shoes. Sometimes this requires the old trick of cutting the sides of the jeans (at the bottom). So I get my trusty scissors and I am about to cut the sides enough to cover my shoes.
.
"You know that went out of style a long time ago" This is Jake, supporting my style.
.
I start to think. 'Am I really the lady that doesn't change as the style changes?' Am I like that guy that still wears corduroy jeans, the girl with pleather pants, the grandma with a fanny pack, or the lady with shoulder pads?' Nope, nope, this isn't that bad.
.
"Its not THAT out of style" and I continue to cut the jeans. It seems as though my 'fashionable someday' may be a little farther out there than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment