Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Middle Names

I didn't have a middle name until I was 19. My older sister and I were born without middle names. It's family tradition for the girls not to have a middle name so that when they are married, their maiden name become their middle name.
.
Jakes middle name is Heinz.....but if you ask him on any other day, its hienz or heinze. It is spelled different on his SS card, Birth certificate, and Drivers Licence....which made it a real pain to get his passport.
.
We had to ask his mom how it was really supposed to be spelled...."like the Ketchup" she says.
.
If you can't tell, Jake has rich German heritage. If a German were to pronounce our last name, it would be Bare-nair. Weird.
.
Anyways, I have had a few inquiries on what the boy in my tummy's name is going to be. Its a secret. Some think it is weird/dumb that I am not telling (because we have one picked out....it was picked out a year prior to his conception). The thing is, what if we change our minds at the last second, you never know.
.
But I will tell you his middle name.....HEINZ.
.
It fits well with our first name that is picked out, and he will be at least the 4th generation to have the middle name.
.
Nothing like a good ole fashion family tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment