Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fried Legs

August 2006 Jake and I spent our honeymoon in Hawaii. One of Jake's mission companions lives in Hawaii and was able to point us in the right direction on where to go and what to do. The very first day we were there, we went surfing with James....hopped off of the plane and went surfing. He taught us how... and Jake had a lot of fun. I swallowed about 14 gallons of salt water.... and I slathered my entire body in sunblock, except for my legs. What was I thinking... probably that they would be in the water and that they wouldn't see the sun.

Photobucket (I had to walk around with a towel around my waist to avoid the sun)

Spending a majority of the time lying on the surf board trying to catch a wave left plenty of time for my legs to meet the sun. I had board shorts on, black ones, and everything below that was burnt to a crisp. I know you just want to cry looking at the back of my legs. It was so painful. I had to wear pants the rest of the trip and had to waddle because I couldn't bend my knees.

Photobucket

We spent a lot of time snorkeling because it felt the best on my legs.

Photobucket

I have a feeling I won't be doing any surfing in Sydney but I plan to snorkel like there is no tomorrow.

Photobucket

And I have a bottle of sunblock for each leg, each day we are there.... and plenty of hats. Wish my skin luck!

3 comments:

  1. Have SO much fun! and WATCH those legs! I DO want to cry looking at them.... ouchey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be careful, as a fellow fair-skinned lady...prego skin is even WORSE! You're skin is ULTRA sensitive when you're pregnant. I got FRIED in cali on a cold, cloudy day! Keep that SPF handy! :) HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the EXACT same thing in Hawaii, except it was the day we left, and it was my back. You could see exactly where my swimwsuit tied into a nice bow. It was awful!

    ReplyDelete