Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Great Garden of Excitement

Saturday was incredible. It was 70 degrees at one point. I was outside in shorts and a T-shirt eating cheese quesadillas and salsa.

Grandma Pam let us dig up some of her raspberry bushes and plant them in our back yard. I got so excited and bought seeds for carrots, broccoli, radishes, peas, lettuce, and some other things I am forgetting about. I spent the day figuring out where I was going to put everything and getting excited.

Photobucket

Last May Jake built me those flower boxes out of old fence boards. They sat on our front porch full of white and purple flowers last summer and spent the winter weathering on the side of the house. After brushing off the dirt and moss and adding a nice stain, they are ready for whatever I want them to be. I might plant my lettuce in them.

Its a good thing I decided to wait to plant anything until we get back from our trip because it froze last night.

Side notes... I finally finished my trashy project last night... and my Dad ended his "20 years of bachelorhood" on Friday (I just found out last night!) Welcome to the family Kelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment