Monday, March 29, 2010

Manly Beach

"All I want to do is go to the beach."

"Well then lets go"

The 4 or us make it to Circular Quay Wharf and buy tickets to ride the ferry to Manly. On the ride there Jake dipped me in the sunscreen bucket.

Photobucket

The view leaving Circular Quay Wharf was awesome. You can see how the Opera House is separate buildings.

Photobucket

About 30 minutes later we were there. Everything was Manly. Manly Wharf. Manly Yacht Club. Manly everything.

Photobucket

We walked through the cute shops and then...BAM....there was the beach.

Photobucket

Amber and I settle on the beach while the boys go hunt down surf boards.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It had been 3 1/2 years since the first time we tried surfing... I think he did pretty good.

Photobucket

I filled my Ginger Beer bottle full of Manly sand to bring home.
We stopped by some of the shops on the way back to the ferry and I got a Manly shirt!

This whole trip we had been lugging around a big blue Columbia water bottle. It had saved us a couple of times. We had just refilled it and went into a grocery store to pick up breakfast for the next morning. With some milk and bananas... and Jake tagging along behind me, I put the food on the conveyor belt.

She had just scanned my food when I look over and watch as the FULL water bottle slips out of Jake's fingers. There was a wave of water on the floor.

I looked back at the lady and told her that my water broke.

I am so short she couldn't even see that I was pregnant....so it wasn't funny to her.... just Jake.

After the wave was cleaned up we hurried back to the ferry and hotel to get ready for the Amfam party. The party was great, but at one point I got up to go the ladies room. As I was washing my hands, I looked over and saw myself in the full length mirror. It looked like I had taken the stakes out of a black tent and wore it.
.
As were were getting ready earlier, I had plugged in my curling iron. It was the only day I had planned on doing my hair. The outlets are much different there and we had to get a special plug-in. A few minutes after I plugged it in, the iron exploded. The end piece that doesn't get hot had blown off of the curling iron and there was melted plastic everywhere. Apparently their voltage is different too.
.
So it not only looked like I was wearing a tent, it also looked like I was camping.

I was so bummed. We didn't stay much longer at the party.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Tyrell, you crack me up! You are a GREAT story teller :) Not to mention, I kind of envy your quick wit. That is kind of funny about your curling iron, but I'm SURE you looked a lot better than you thought you did. You always look cute. I'm enjoying these entries! What fun!

    ReplyDelete