Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Treasuring Trash

Here's how it all turned out... I originally had plans to make a giraffe. Once I finished him, he needed something else. I decided to make a tree...you have to use your imagination though because I don't think giraffes eat jingle bell-coconut trees!

Photobucket
(the picture is a little dark....it looks much cooler in person)

Photobucket

I forgot to take pictures of the tree as we were making it, but it is just two big oatmeal containers wrapped with hemp.... that took FOREVER to do! Then just wire, paper, hot glue, and some jingle bells. The best part is that we never went to the store for anything...it was all stuff we had around the house. Jake helped me with the tree...he has quite the imagination!

Photobucket

Here is how I made the giraffe in reverse order.

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. i'm really impressed. that's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand how talented you are! just kidding. i love it. it is so dang cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the things you can make out of trash. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. You've amazed me! Can't wait to see his room with all the imagination you put into it!!! Super cute...

    ReplyDelete