Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bondi Beach

This morning started out much like the last...we went to The Rocks again. There was this man that made art work out of spray paint. He was incredible....

Photobucket

Then we made our way over to the Sydney Tower. We passed by an alley with tons of bird cages. It loured us in... and I found a 20 cent coin on the way. There weren't any birds in the cages but there were bird noises being played on speakers. Weird

We made our way through some shops and past a really cool building.

Photobucket
Up in the tower you could see the most incredible views.

Photobucket

Darling Harbor down below

Photobucket

Photobucket Because of the black tent dress incident I was afraid of wearing a dress again. I decided to hold my dress at the bottom (when taking a picture) but then it just looked like I was picking out a wedgie!

Photobucket

After the Sydney Tower we went to the bus station to make our way to Bondi Beach. For some reason, even though St Patricks Day was Wednesday, there was a gigantic celebration of green and beer that filled the city. We finally caught the bus. If it came even a few minutes later I thought I would die. IT WAS SO BLASTING HOT OUT. The air conditioned bus ride to Bondi Beach charged our batteries. Jake met a lady on the bus.
.
Jake is so social (thank goodness because I'm not). We wouldn't have any friends if we were both like me. So this lady sits down next to him and he asks how she is. She responds and then asks if he was on "holiday." She said she knew he was because if he were Australian, he would have never talked to a stranger. They got to talking and he found out that she moved to Australia 30 years ago from Panama.....then they bust out the Spanish.
.
The last stop was Bondi Beach

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Body boarding right up onto the sand

Photobucket
.
Daric doing a 360
.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This next picture is enough to make me laugh all day!

Photobucket

Photobucket Jake LOVES this picture of me. I think it is a little white-trashy with my belly hanging out...and the brown and black combo...but he loves it.

Photobucket

Being a poser....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In Australia, they call vacation "Holiday."

Photobucket

Photobucket

As the day was coming to a close, we were starving and wanted eat something good. We found a place called Bondi Pizza that had amazing thin crust pizza. We had cheese and this crazy meat pizza with the best sauce I have ever tasted.

Photobucket

We didn't get home until late. We were so tired but is was such a great way to end the holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment