Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Homemade Mobile

I honestly was so physically tired yesterday. My bones hurt. But the day had to go on.

Jake and I are lucky to live in a nice house with a gigantically over sized master bedroom.

Photobucket

A few months ago we bought a cute bassinet on craigslist for 20 bones. So cute but a little girlie... and girlie doesn't fly for a newborn baby boy. I had to man-up this bassinet a little to meet our manly baby standards.

It originally had a very sad sad excuse for a mobile.... a yellow sun, blue moon, and a pink star. PINK. So I customized our future baby's view.

Photobucket

I have been following makeitandloveit for a few months now and Ashley is always sewing things out old shirts and sweaters. I've been saving my old clothes to use as fabric and it totally paid off to be a pack rat. First I made this kitty out of an old shirt.

Photobucket

Then a dog with an old sweater and some blue felt

Photobucket

Then a teddy bear with another brown sweater

Photobucket

I absolutely love love love it. And it fits nicely into our huge room. Now we just need a baby.

Photobucket

4 comments: