Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fitting In The Booth

Its been confirmed. Jake has had more cravings than I have. He really wanted the Cajun wings at Red Robin. So Friday night we take advantage that it is still just the two of us. We put Jake's name on the waiting list (because we know not to put mine!) and waited for a little bit. Once a booth opens up we take it. It was a tight fit!

Photobucket

When I sat down I still had a 1/4 of an inch between my gargantuan belly and the table. By the end of dinner my belly was touching the table.

They say that you should gain 25-35 pounds during your pregnancy. As of this weekend I have gained my 25.....but it is all in one spot so it just looks HUGE.

See..
Photobucket

My Dr. keeps telling me that I am measuring for an average baby but the way everyone looks at me in public tells me something else. Jake and I walked to the mall last night. People were staring at me like I was a pink elephant in a prom dress or something. If we didn't laugh about it I would probably be hurt over it. I honestly can't go anywhere without the same person looking at me 3 times before whispering for their friend to "look". We came to the conclusion that most 9+ month pregnant women don't get out much and therefor the public doesn't know how to look at one.

A little boy at church saw me and then ran to his dad and says "Dad, that lady needs to have a baby."

I do "need to have a baby." I feel like I have been pregnant for 2 years....but I guess then I would be an elephant.

2 comments:

  1. I think people probably just think you look adorable. Because you do. And they probably feel for your poor little back. But if you have only gained 25 pounds, you can seriously walk with your head held high! That is really great. I gained 30 with both the girls. I just want to see that cutie.... so when is she inducing you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a cute little pregnant lady! I think why people are so shocked when they see you is because you don't look prego from the back, so they are not expecting to see you prego from the front. People laughed all the time and stared at me for that reason when I was prego with Rylee. You are too cute and I can't wait to meet your little guy!

    ReplyDelete