Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Nursery

I have been so excited to show these pictures for so long. We started working on the nursery a while ago....and it's a good thing. It takes a long time to get it just right!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It all started with the giraffe growth chart. Then we took the white dresser that used to be in our room (with the orange stripes on it) and Jake "blinged it up."

Photobucket

I was stressing because I didn't want to have to paint it white again (it was originally dark brown like the rest of our bedroom). Jake came up with this incredible idea of putting paper over it. It looks fantastic and I'm proud to say Jake did it.

Photobucket

We had some extra lamps around the house. I was "pushing the envelope" by putting on the little green balls, but I love them.

Luckily I made the curtains when I was still in my 20's (meaning somewhere in my 20ish week range) because it would be impossible now.

Photobucket

We found the crib on craigslist for $50 and then I put myself to work. I made the bedskirt out of the left over material from the bottom of the curtains and some ribbon. The bumper pad took FOREVER!!! I got a $10 white bumper pad from ikea and covered it with some fabric. It took so long to find the right material.

Photobucket

Jake was very much a part of this room. When anyone compliments our home decorations, I have to give Jake half of the credit. So when he informed me that I couldn't hang anything above the bed....I naturally said "Okay Karl."

Karl is Jakes Dad. Sometimes Karl gets a little carried away with safety. So I figured I would make a banner because of my stipulations. I just took shiney nice paper and embellished the small banner with little animals. I then put on little rub-on letters. Everyone tries to figure out what the banner is spelling....it doesn't spell anything! It is just the first letter of that animal!

Photobucket

This room is special to us. Of course we poured love into everything we made and we even included things from our childhood. The book in the collage up above is a gift I got from my grandparents for Christmas 1992. The picture below is a picture Jake's mom has saved from his bedroom. I just put it in a new frame to update it.

Photobucket

This little boy is spoiled! Look at all of these clothes!

Photobucket

The dude's got his own bathroom too...attatched right to his bedroom.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Do you find yourself standing in there just looking around picturing your little man playing or in the crib? I am so happy for you guys! Love the colors you chose for the room...Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Tyrell!!
    You guys are adorable and I am loving his little nursery!!! SOOOOO PRECIOUS!!! Can't wait to hear the news when you finally have him :o) You two have been hard at work and it shows! Love all the little details...so creative! Have fun with that precious little one! Love, Tiffany

    ReplyDelete