Monday, May 3, 2010

Ready

At my last Dr. appointment I was informed that I needed to have a car seat. That was one item that wasn't checked off my list yet.

Now there is a check mark next to it.

Photobucket
Doesn't he look so proud to be a Dad!

Photobucket

There was no way I was going to crawl in and figure it out. Luckily Jake doesn't mind.

Besides having all of the necessary equipment, gadgets, clothes, and diapers, my body is READY to get this baby out. I have broken out into an insanely itchy rash over my entire body. Entire body includes hands, arms, my entire abdomen, my back, legs, and feet.

Growing up my family would tease me that I was a hypochondriac... so here is the proof:

Its really bad

Are you sure you want to see it?

Here it is

Photobucket

Sorry you had to see that. You can see all of my stretch marks...but you can also see the red every where in between...that's the rash. It looks awful and feels even more awful. Its like I ran naked through poison ivy, then rubbed cactus all over it, itched & scratched it, and then took a bath in hydrogen peroxide. Am I exaggerating? NOPE.

For all of my not-yet-pregnant friends..... this only happens in 1% of pregnant women. So don't worry it probably won't happen to you.

Tomorrow I will be 37 weeks and I also have a check up. I wouldn't be upset if they had to induce me right then and there. I'm ready.

Am I really ready... of course not. But are you ever ready for your first baby?

5 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone is ever completely ready. Its the awful stages in the end of pregnancy that push us to the "I don't care if I don't sleep for a month, get this baby OUT OF ME!!!" I hope he comes soon :) Tomorrow would be nice, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor poor thing! That is the saddest looking belly I have ever seen. I'm sorry! But you realize after your baby comes that you really are more ready than you thought. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl! I am sorry you are experiencing this. With reesie i did really good, then got stretch marks the last two weeks. When I had brody, I got some like the ones you have, but minus the rash. Hopefully you can get some cream to help your tummy feel better, and I will hope he comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyrell That is awful. When you hold that little man it will be worth it. You and Jake are going to be awesome parents. I am glad we will have kids around the same age. Audrey will have to be the babysitter when we go on vacations together! Hang in there. I am excited to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness that makes me itch! You poor thing.... I so hope you go into labor on your own and SOON!! I will pray it will all go well for you!! Im so sorry you itch so bad, I cant imagine! It will be over soooon though!!

    ReplyDelete