Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In A Name

We have been asked how we came up with the name Everett.

A long time ago our neighbors' last name was Hudson. I thought that would make the perfect name for a little boy. So for the last two years we planned on naming our first son Hudson. Hudson Heinz just sounded so cute. About 2 weeks before he was born Jake and I went for a walk and towards the end of our walk I mentioned that I didn't think we should name our son Hudson anymore. Jake agreed and said that he had been feeling the same way.

We spent the next few hours looking up names online and trying them out. We went though dozens.

Trying to name a baby is so difficult. By the end of the night we had a list of 4 names. Everett, Harrison, Jensen, and Hudson. The next night we both talked about it and loved the name Everett. Neither of us had ever met anyone by that name and it just felt right. Simple story, but that's how this little guy got his name.

Photobucket

After his first bath. He had a MAJOR explosion this morning.

Photobucket

His nice, soft, fuzzy, clean hair.

Photobucket

These are the greatest faces in the world!

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Everett is so cute! What a sweet looking baby. I have to tell you that I love his name. I have known a few people with his name and they were great people. I am so happy for you. I just know that you are both great parents already. I need your address. I think I had it once, but I lost it. I hope that you are doing well. Take care!
    Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, I LOVE those faces! You should totally frame those ones :) Im itching to hold that little guy again :) And don't you just LOVE their hair after a bath?! Adelaide was that same way, and she had so much hair it just stood up all over the place like a mini afro hehe.

    ReplyDelete