Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Operation Red Part 2

A few weeks ago I decided it was time to change the colors in our living room (Operation Red) with the intention of making it more summery and relaxing. So I went to the only logical place to shop... Ross.

Photobucket

And luckily the change hardly cost a thing. A few new lamp shades, a mirror, a rug (or two), and a few accessories.

Photobucket

I bought a green table cloth for $3 and recovered two pillows...

Photobucket

and this bench. Jake loathes this bench but I love it. 8th grade graduation landed me this beauty (from my "old man").

Photobucket

Then there's the mantle. Switched out the picture for a mirror and added some clearance decorations and candles.

Photobucket

If I wanted to completely remove the red, I had to get rid of the red bird too. So I made my binders a bit more boring with the brown scrapbook paper...

Photobucket

but everything else was just rearranged from around the house.

Photobucket

The two bird pictures my Uncle Johnny drew during a trip we all took to Mexico (a long time ago). He drew one for me and one for my sister but like most things, I ended up with hers too. (Its because I treasure "things" or "stuff "and my sister doesn't... she treasures other things...) The glass is all just trash that I saved. The bottles are just the Italian soda bottles from Target that I thought were cool and the other jar was just some apricot jam... you never know what I consider decor! Just shove a picture down in there and you have art!

Photobucket

The dining room/desk was only a change of lamp shades. I honestly got the white shade for $3 at Ross.

Photobucket

Switched out the red curtains for green.... and like magic I have summer time in my living room. (But still no summer time outside).

Photobucket
And the best part about the whole thing... I finished it the morning I went into labor and was able to come home to a nice relaxing living room. And you can't really tell from the pictures, but it looks good.

1 comment:

  1. K lady you are superwoman! We just finished the basement and my whole house is in total chaos and driving me CRAZY! I am DYING to finish decorating. So, the whole time I was reading your post I am thinking how in the world did you do all that with a baby!? So glad you got it done before. Really hope you don't mind that I am a total blog-stalker. Do you? Are you getting any sleep yet?

    ReplyDelete