Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Used To

"What cha thinkin about"

Jake knew I wasn't sleeping. But I sure was thinking. Thinking about what used to be. How we used to pay 1/3 the money in rent that we pay now, how I used to work from 7:45 am to 2 p.m. and wished I had a better job, how working a "late night" for Jake used to mean he was home by 6, how I thought getting up for seminary in the morning was hard, how I used to cook dinner every night.... The times were so good.

Now we pay 3x the amount of rent we used to pay, I work 24 hours a day, working a late night for Jake means he is home between 8:30 and 11, how getting up at any time throughout the night is hard, how I can't wait until my family is here to visit so we can have real dinner food....

I told him all things on my mind and we just smiled at what used to be. It was beautiful.

But now the times are much more beautiful....and adorable:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. He really is so stinkin' adorable! I just love boys. Ahhh, the joys of the late nights of insurance agents. Sean got home at 9:15. It was a very long day. What book did you find that is helping you out? I like the techniques for soothing fussy babies in Happiest Baby on the Block and the schedule (eat, wake, sleep) of Baby Wise. The most important thing is finding what works for YOU! Hope you both are hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often think of "what used to be" as well. And it is actually when Zoe was a wee little one that I reminisce about most. What it was like to have just one little sweetie pie to cuddle with all day :) It truly does make you realize how far you have come, and all that you have accomplished. Kiddos change our lives in the most dramatic and beautiful of ways.

    ReplyDelete