Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Funny Four Years

Today was awesome. In all honesty, I wasn't that excited for today. I mean, I was, but I wasn't. On this very special day of August 10th, Jake and I get to celebrate our love and our wedding anniversary. I have been a little distracted this summer and the day just crept up on me. Poor Jake didn't even get a card.... maybe I'll pull a family classic and give him one tomorrow. But anyways.... This morning I was greeted with a homemade card and a 4th anniversary gift.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I opened up the card, got through the first sentence, cried, and had Jake read the rest to me.

He's such a stud. He even made the envelopes. If Everett's not crafty, he'll think he's been adopted.

Jake made me rush to get ready. I had to rush because he had an appointment to get the quads serviced up in Lynnwood.... about an hour and a half north. I know I know. That's why I wasn't super stoked for the day. But when you have limited time off you have to kill two birds with one stone.

Timeout for a funny. Last night I cut Jake's hair. I cut it in our bathtub.... but Everett's little whale bathtub was in there. Jake put the whale tub in our walk-in closet. So we are getting dressed in the closet and I say to Jake "There's a whale in our closet" and you know what he said..."I know, I'm trying to lose weight" I laughed hard but had to clarify, "No, there's a WHALE in our closet" this time he thought I was talking about his manly man part. This guy kills me! Laughter attacks me when I'm with him. Then I had to actually point to the whale through my tears of laughter. Okay, time in:

We pretty much had a "day-cation" in Lynnwood. Fun. I used some of my "gift cards" and bought some clothes because after you grow a baby in your body...you body is CHANGED FOREVER!!!!!!! Nothing is smaller, it all gets bigger (luckily your heart is included in the mix).

Jake is a champ at the mall. While I was off trying to cope with my new body, Jake took Everett to Zumies. They met another dad with a little baby two weeks older than Everett. Later we went to eat at Claim Jumper. I think I consumed more bacon today than on any other day of my life... but if I put it in Jakes words: "bacon is the cat's meow."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Right before we went to Claim Jumper we changed Everett's pants (diaper). Before Jake could get the new diaper on, Everett peed... on his own face! Oh man we were laughing. Luckily we are semi-prepare parents and had an extra set of clothes. Before we could get the new clothes on, Jake sat him up and Everett belched and spit up ran all down his naked chest. We did run out of wipes!

Photobucket

(Everett and his "dogs" being so good all day)

The way home was hilarious. Jake sang old sir mix a lot songs "Me and Kid Sensation, at home away from home, In the Black Benz Limo with the Cellular Phone" and I joked how I was sir mix a little.

Photobucket

I think after 4 years, your spouse just gets funnier.

August 10th was the day to get married 3 years ago and 8 years ago too!

3 comments:

  1. I love that we got married on the same day, just proves Jake always did want to be just like me...lol. Happy Anniversary guys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved reading this post.
    u guys are so cool.
    good job jake, way to remember ur anniversary lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just the cutest. Like I said, best post ever :) Totally put a smile on my face! And I'm a little grumpy this morning, so thats saying something :) Now I can't wait for our anniversary.

    ReplyDelete