Thursday, August 5, 2010

Grandma's cookie sheets

Finding "free time" has been a little more challenging. Its like trying to make your grandma's cookie sheets sparkle again. Its near impossible.

But the moments I have had.... I have been working on this:

Photobucket

Its a 20 X 20 canvas that is painted a buttercream yellow with little things about my little Ev.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, by the way, Everett's name only has two syllables. Ev-rhett. My grandma kept trying to say Ev-er-ett because she was a school teacher and I'm sure saying his name with 3 syllables is correct.... but we're rebels, so there's no Er. She probably would pass out if she ever proof read any of this..... but she doesn't have the internet.

Soon Everett without the Er will move into his room and I'll hang it in there with the two other canvases that I'm working on. It might take a lot of scrubbing though!!! (get it?!...you know, grandma's cookie sheets....)

4 comments:

  1. SO super cute! I love it! Such an awesome way to remember all the little specifics of his birth :) Scrub scrub scrub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so jealous of ur creativity.
    those are so amazing. well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the...?! My "free time" is spent doing far less productive and cute things. You put me to shame! It's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is soooo cute! Great idea! Your son is adorable! My daughter is 13 and it's great to look back at baby stuff. You created a great momento.

    ReplyDelete