Wednesday, March 16, 2011

More Paint And Repurposing

Snooping continued...

Right next door to the office/playroom is the dining room and kitchen. When we first moved in, there was a counter-height brown table in the dining room. I liked it but it was just too dark.... especially with the dark floor. The black table that we had in our old house was just sitting in the garage and I had this amazing idea to paint it white.


So I did. And as soon as I finished painting the table, the homeowner called and said that he would be needing to pick up his brown table (because the leg on his other table broke)... how ironic!

Then I moved in this piece of furniture. Technically it's a sofa table... but I think it looks super cute as a 'china hutch'. My cloth napkins, table cloth, napkin rings and other dining items are in those big baskets. The small ones?... magazines.



Everything glass in this next picture I got at Goodwill. Shocker, I know!


Very rarely do I have a plan when I start decorating. But since I knew we would have that high chair in our dining room for a while, I thought about decorating the dining room with green and brown. That's when I dressed Ev in a white shirt, brown pants and put him on the porch swing with his green blanket. I took a million pictures hoping at least one would turn out. Now, I know that it's not traditional to put pictures of your child in your dining room, but I like it.

A green candle and some clear marbles make a super simple 'centerpiece'. And I bet you'll never guess where I got the glass vase...


And right next to the dining room is the kitchen. I love this kitchen. I've always dreamed of having a white kitchen.

(the bar stools came with the house too)

But I also love a little color...    Everett has his own drawer....   The Italian Soda bottles on top of the fridge....   A green flower vase my Dad bought when he came to visit paired up with my fancy homemade soap dispenser....  And then those super colorful pictures from Australia. (What's with me and Australia lately. Oh, maybe because we've been back for almost a year but every single day I dream about going back) And that weird looking vase thing in the corner... I got that at a white elephant party 3 years ago and I think it's the coolest thing ever.




I really love this kitchen... and the best part (besides the skylight) is the pantry behind that door.



    (a messy pantry)                                         (and the glass display)


(and just so you know... that trash can in the pantry is not a 'trash' can. It's the recycle can so only stuff like cardboard gets put in there. I didn't want you to think we were gross.)


So, there you have it.
I only have one last thing to say. See this area here...


well, we spend our entire day here. Right on this wood floor. All day. Rolling balls, chasing balls, throwing balls down the stairs, throwing food on the floor, screaming, making strawberry faces, smearing baby hands on the sliding glass door, crying on mom's leg while she tries to prove dad wrong... it all happens right her. So, what I'm trying to say is that it is ALWAYS a mess. But it looks nice when it's all cleaned up!!

3 comments:

  1. Okay this is SO funny. but check out our kitchen... do the knobs and cupboards look IDENTICAL!? http://www.rolleduppretty.com/2012/09/kitchen-before-and-after.html DYING! We have similar taste FOR SURE! My husband and I found your blog tonight when we googled "laundry rooms" since we are redoing our NAST NAST NAST of a laundry room right now. I am LOVING yours! Seriously, I think we just might have to copy the entire thing! I would NEVER have thought to do a back splash like that but it's brilliant! Anyways, LOVE your blog and LOVE your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay this is SO funny. but check out our kitchen... do the knobs and cupboards look IDENTICAL!? http://www.rolleduppretty.com/2012/09/kitchen-before-and-after.html DYING! We have similar taste FOR SURE! My husband and I found your blog tonight when we googled "laundry rooms" since we are redoing our NAST NAST NAST of a laundry room right now. I am LOVING yours! Seriously, I think we just might have to copy the entire thing! I would NEVER have thought to do a back splash like that but it's brilliant! Anyways, LOVE your blog and LOVE your style!

    ReplyDelete