Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Setting the Record...

I was talking to my Dad the other day (over the phone... he reads my blog). He asked me if I was pregnant. I said no. I wouldn't lie to my Dad.

Despite my accidental innuendos (on my blog), I'm really not pregnant.

Having two babies has been on my mind prior to Everett's birth. (Probably even prior to his conception). I always thought that having one child was hard enough, so the thought of having two might just push me over the edge. When Everett was still very tiny, I thought to myself "how does anyone take care of another child (of any age) AND a newborn?" It's a thought that still has me wondering. So when I talk about having two babies (as I did in my latest dinner/journal post)... it's just me thinking out loud, not me announcing anything.



(Jake and I at a wedding prior to Everett)



The truth is, Everett might be 2 or 12 before he gets a sibling. I guess only time will tell, but as for now, he's an only child.

Because Jake and I both came from semi-big families (we are both the 3rd of 6 kids) where the first few kids are really close in age, I think that I feel like this is normal... like it's THE thing to do. But, the older Everett gets, the more I realize that he might just have to have lots of friends instead of lots of siblings.

I get overwhelmed VERY easily. And the thought of having more babies right now overwhelms me, so that's probably why I blog about it... but I'm done blogging about it and I will let you know when there is another bean growing in my tummy... which there isn't right now... just to set the record straight.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys clean up well!! lol ;)
    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very overwhelming, but don't ever do it because you feel pressure to. That is not the right reason. I am proud of you for realizing that.
    But, when you get to that point and you are ready, just give me a call...I will have LOTS of advice for another little one! To be honest, for me, going from 1 to 2 was WAY easier than 0 to 1, or 2 to 3. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will know if it's the right time or not. I had complications with my daughter and was upset when I was pressured to have a second baby when she was just 6 months old. I had her 12 days after my 36th birthday and thought. I'll be 38 or 39 before I have a 2ND baby. Um!! I think I just want one. I was told I was selfish but I'm glad I listened to my heart because when my daughter was 7 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and having one was more than enough. She is a blessing even though at 13 is a tough age.

    ReplyDelete