Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Today Is Just Today

Everett was a dream baby today. He literally gave me hugs and kisses all day. He let me fold 2 loads of laundry while he was awake (playing king-of-the-hill on the pile of clothes) and he took a 3 hour nap. He was awake at our soccer game tonight and didn't even make a peep. Not one. I could have had 500 Everett's today and would have been okay. He was a dream.

But sometimes he is a nightmare... which leads me to my recent discovery. Motherhood is a lot like Spring.


My problem as a mother is this: I think each day is the new permanent.

But, like Spring, motherhood is highly inconsistent.

Some days it's a downright monsoon and other days it's like the most perfect day you could imagine. The snow is melting, the grass is turning green, the tulips are coming up... and then BAM, snowstorm. The cycle goes and goes and eventually you have more good days than bad as you learn to deal with the storms of life.



I assume the storms only get bigger and more important as time goes on but I have learned that today is not the new permanent... it is just today.

4 comments:

  1. Still working on remembering this... baby #2 just compounds the issues. Good and bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said! I too can't seem to remember this. As always I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put that very well Tyrell :) Its good to remember that too, cuz then its a little easier to be patient through the difficult days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder Tyrell. I also tend to stress out when I have a bad day and think it will never end. Oh the drama! :)

    ReplyDelete