Sunday, April 24, 2011

He Is Risen

I'm not sure I understood how much having a child would change me. I've noticed something different about Christmas and Easter this year. Both holidays brought deeper meaning and greater understanding of Christ's life, atonement and resurrection. I feel like I have a better relationship with Christ and better understand the purpose of my life because I have Everett.

(image)

For me, religion is intensely personal. It's difficult to put into words the things that I feel in my heart, so I will share with you the words of the hymn, He is Risen! (hymn 199)


He is risen! He is risen! Tell it out with joyful voice.
He has burst his three days' prison; Let the whole wide earth rejoice.
Death is conquered; man is free. Christ has won the victory.

He is risen! He is risen! He hath opened heaven's gate.
We are free from sin's dark prison, risen to a holier state.
And a brighter Easter beam on our longing eyes shall stream.


I believe in Christ. He lived a perfect life and is our greatest example. He suffered for our sins so that we wouldn't have to. He died on the cross and was resurrected from the tomb three days later. He paid the ultimate price so that one day we can all return to live with God again. What a beautiful life, what a glorious blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment