Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pagosa Springs

Trip to Colorado continued:

Tuesday morning we went to the hot springs in Pagosa.

















 The hot springs were so cool... I mean hot. The first pool we were in was 104 degrees. After a few minutes we had to move to a pool that was a little less hot.

The water that comes straight out of the ground is between 150-160 degrees. They mix it with cold water to get all of the varying temperatures. (I think the hottest pool was 111 degrees.) Everett and I ended up in one that was about 96 degrees. It was extra shallow and had two little waterfalls that poured warm and cool water into the pool. It was absolutely perfect.





He loved sticking his hand in there and just letting the water spill over his hand.




It was so shallow that he could stand by himself.





I decided that I better go put the camera away before I ruined it, so I handed Ev to his grandmas and took a few last pictures.








Whenever I got out of one pool and was headed to the next, Everett would do a cute little whimper cry and as soon as we got in a new pool he was content as a cucumber. After a while, we all ended up in the big swimming pool that was 86 degrees. Everett was mesmerized by the other kids with beach balls.
By the time we got out his feet were 100% winkles.





(I had my mom hold him there so I could get a picture of his feet with the pool in the background, he just flipped himself around and started shaking the bars because he wanted back in... he was like a fish out of water.)

The rest of the day was pretty mellow. We went home and showered and then one of my high school friends came over with her 3-month-old baby. Everett was napping when my friend came over and when he woke up he was in the weirdest mood. He was wiggly and fussy. He wanted nothing, but everything.... so our company didn't stay too long.

Then Effie made orange chicken for dinner and us kids played Settlers. I won. Again.

4 comments:

  1. we did hot springs in idaho too.. so fun! we loved the 104 degree pool the most~ 112 was too hot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that man on the plane thought Ev was a girl because of his georgious features. Seriously, I can't get over how perfect this kid's face is. What a cutie pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOA! Those are some WRINKLY feet! I have never been to hot springs before, looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok that looks like the coolest place ever! I have never seen anything like that before. So fun!

    ReplyDelete