Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blocks And Books

Holy hot dogs it rained today. We stayed inside all day and played with blocks. We are obsessed with blocks lately. Sometimes I barely get one block on top of the other before Everett swipes the tower away. His friend, Audrey, taught him how to wreck towers and he is one mean tower wrecker, thanks to her.

We were also entertained, for a very long time, by putting the blocks into an old snack container and then putting the lid on... then whining at mom because we couldn't get the lid off... and then doing it a thousand more times. I really do love how smart and creative Everett is getting.

I also tried to read several stories to Everett today. He likes to steal the book that I am reading... so I get another one and he steals that one... so we do this a thousand time a day too. I am really looking forward to the day when I can crawl into bed with him and read him story after story. I can't wait until he begs me to read just one more story!? I can't wait for it so bad that I actually got into his crib with him before nap time and tried to read him a story... but all he wanted to do was rip the pages and hit my face, so I got out. Maybe in a few years.

1 comment:

  1. Aww you got into his crib? I always want to do that and sleep there with him but i know it wouldn't work out and i'd get smacked too.

    ReplyDelete