Friday, May 27, 2011

First Year


Dear Everett,


Today is your first birthday and I’ve been on the verge of tears all day. For the past week I’ve been looking through pictures and watching videos of you and a flood of memories and emotions wash over me every time. You were so tiny, I just want to reach through the computer screen and hold you again. I just want to wrap you up and rock you, but those days are long gone.

I can still remember bringing you home from the hospital, we drove so slowly. You were so little and we didn’t want anything to hurt you. I wasn’t nervous or scared to bring you home… I just couldn’t wait to raise you and watch you grow. Now you are big enough to make funny faces during dinner and I wonder where the time went.

Four seasons have come and gone since you were born.

The first year wasn’t easy, you know. It was tough a lot of the time. Dad and I cried, worried, and stressed about you; a few times we even fought. It’s because you are worth crying and fighting over, you are our son and we love you more than you will ever know. You are the light of our lives. We are so proud of you and can’t believe that you are ours.

This past year went by fast but it was more than enough time to fall, completely, in love with you. You mean so much to me and I don’t know how I could ever live without you.

Love, Mom

4 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet precious post. I remember sobbing my eyes out on both of my girls 1st Birthdays AND every single year after that I still sob (believe it or not, but just for a few minutes) because they grow up too fast. Loved your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, he looks so different. where does the time go?? it flies by...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So crazy how fast a year can go by, how much they change before your eyes, and how many memories are made in that first year huh?!

    ReplyDelete