Thursday, May 5, 2011

Naughty & Nice


I really wish he were as sweet and nice as he looks in these pictures.

This little stinker was a PUNK today. I have no idea what to do with him. Sometimes it is so bad that I wish I could trade him in for a different model. I have some parenting books on hold at the library because I am losing this battle and I need all the help I can get. He throws fits like a professional two-year-old already. It's nights like tonight that I just want to cry and ask WHY ME? Why did I get the super naughty one?

Both of my parents say that I was the best baby and kid ever.... and this is what I get in return? My mother-in-law says that Jake was a major fit thrower (like kick the wall and bang his head on the door while screaming his lungs out). And then that makes wonder why I never asked questions like, "were you a naughty kid? Did you throw major fits and tantrums when you were little?" when we were dating. But even if he answered yes, I would've still married him. And even if I knew Everett was going to be naughty like this, I still would have wished and hoped and prayed for him. But is it bad to say that I am really looking forward to the days when he goes to kindergarten? My first-day-of-kindergarten tears might just be tears of joy.

I really do love Everett so much. I think that's why his naughtiness is so hard for me to deal with. I honestly just think that he gets really bored of being at home. He is always so excited to go anywhere and loves new people. It's hard to take him to the store because he just wants to get out of the cart and play. I've been thinking about joining the gym just so he can be with other kids in the childcare for an hour everyday.

What's a parent to do?




*Disclaimer- I'm not putting my 'good kid' status on a pedestal because I know, for a fact, that Jake was a much easier teenager to raise than I was. Maybe this is a sign that Everett will be the best teenager ever. My fingers are crossed.

4 comments:

  1. Tyrell,
    Hang in there! Being a mom is tough work (so I hear LOL) One day you will look back when he is on his mission, and you will be proud of the son you raised!

    ~jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way about Kaden. I don't know if I am scared to death for him to grow up, or if it something that I should be looking forward to!! He is a naughty little one, but a dang cute one!
    The other day Cindy Daybell told me that her son Aaron was exactly like Kaden. It gave me MUCH hope that he will turn out as wonderful as Aaron has turned out. We just have to keep going. It is SO hard, but I think it will be so worth it when we are with them in the temple for the first time. Until then.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say join a gym, because even if he hates it, you will love the "ME" time! And maybe look into my-gym or a class like it. Basically it's little kids that get to run around a gym and play on the mats, foam, bouncy floor, and moms get to sit and relax-kind of... and talk. Very great for both of you. Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In regards to what Jamie said...
    The Y has toddler gym class for little ones just like Everett! He can run around and do anything he wants in there. They LOVE it! You have to stay in there with him, but he would really love it.

    ReplyDelete