Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Neighborhood

Dear Journal,

It was so beautiful out today. Warm, sunny, and not even a tiny bit of wind. It was so nice. For a whole hour and a half I dug in the dirt and planted my starts in the garden boxes. Gardening is hard work but I really like it. When Everett woke up from his nap he came out to play too. He sat in his car swing and ate Ritz crackers. He loves that car swing of his!


Later we went on a bike ride. It was about 5:30 and still warm out. Jake wasn't home yet so it was just me and Everett. We've been going on a lot of bike rides since the stroller is kaput. I soaked us in sunscreen (because we got a little sun kissed this morning) and then we were off. We rode all around the neighborhood. We passed the guy building a rock wall in his front yard (and we totally saw his hairy back and bum crack), we rode right by the guy mowing his super green lawn, a while Chevy Cavalier blaring opera music passed us, we almost hit an open mailbox lid... and Everett was singing the whole time. I love when he is so happy.

I was so happy. It was bliss.

The cool breeze, the smell of sunscreen, the sound of a lawnmower, the sun on my skin, the red tulips and the yellow daffodils all told me how much I love this time of year. In years past I haven't looked forward to Spring but I think that I am starting to see more of it's good qualities.


1 comment: