Monday, May 30, 2011

Owen Beach BBQ

We got invited to a beach BBQ for Memorial Day.


There were 5 families total... but you would never know because I only managed to get pictures of Everett.






The weather cooperated beautifully and we had a great time. I always love spending time with friends- especially over food! I had really been missing girl's night so it was nice to catch up with my lady friends while the kids (and dads) played in the sand.


(Everett trying to win over Ehlanna. I just love the way he is sitting!)













And Everett ate about a gallon of sand... but what's new.










We went on a bike ride around 5-mile drive once the party was over. It was so beautiful.




You basically ride through "rain forest"-see then ocean (Puget Sound)- then ride back into the "rain forest". It's amazing.






We stopped at several view points to take pictures.



It was pretty scary because right where the grass ends it drops like 100 feet down to the water.




There is also a Rhododendron park along 5-mile drive. Some of the Rhododendrons were HUGE!



Everett conked out on the bike ride. He is always so adorable when he is sleeping.

We had such a great time at the beach and are kicking ourselves for not getting out more often. I have a feeling we are going to make up for it and have a lot of fun this summer!


1 comment:

  1. I have told you many times if you want 'girl time' to call me and I will craft, go to lunch, or just chat with you, since I know its hard all day being alone with a little man that doesn't talk back to you!!
    Glad you guys had a fun day!!

    ReplyDelete