Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Two Years Weak

My eyes are only squinted and my posture is so bad that I resemble a wilted flower long past valentines day. My brain is only functioning on the left overs and my body feels like Jello. I am beat up.

I signed up for the gym.

I hadn't been to a work out class at the gym for two years. Two years ago we moved across town and ended our membership.... and then I got pregnant. I worked out as much as I could during pregnancy, but there is only so much you can do. I got back in shape after Everett was born in a reasonable amount of time. I started out by walking, then yoga/work out videos/harder work out videos/soccer/and I worked my way up to running right before the stroller got ran over. I thought I was in pretty good shape. And then I went to the gym.

I attended my very favorite pastime class. Boot camp. I literally almost passed out twice and threw up once. My body doesn't work quite as well as it used to either. I'm not really talking about major muscle groups... I'm talking about needing to wear 10 sports bras at the same time and doing a whole lot more kegel exercises (like A LOT more). Whew... the things you sacrifice for kids! (but it's totally worth it)


(another picture compliments of Amy)

This little person had a great time and was super wore out too. We went to the park for an hour and then he got to be in Kid Kare at the gym for an hour. He was just as exhausted as I was. He crawled into bed like a bear ready for hibernation.

Here's to the gym!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that plan worked out for you! One quick hint on the sports bra- at Lululemon they have "heavy duty" sports bras. They work SUPER good. I got a couple when I was still nursing (and about a 36DDD) and there was NO bouncing during bootcamp. They aren't cheap, but TOTALLY worth the price

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally second your needed to do extra kegel exercises. I had a basketball game the other night and it made me realize that I got some work to do if I dont want soggy pants for the rest of my life. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete