Friday, June 10, 2011

A Brother From Another Mother

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Today the boys had me on the floor rolling around laughing... with an occasional (and purely accidental) snort. They were being hilarious and they had no idea.



Sometimes I will walk out of the room and a few seconds later I will hear Everett laugh. It's so cute to know that they like playing with each other.

The hot new thing in babyland is to climb furniture. We turned a basket upside down in front of the ottoman a few months ago and Everett has been king of the couch ever since. The basket makes the perfect step stool for a wild child... or two.



I couldn't stop laughing at these two. At one point Ev was on the chair and Sawyer was having a hard time getting up... so Ev did what any buddy would do- he bend down, wrapped his hands around Sawyer's head and helped pull him up. It was adorable to watch but I busted up when Everett's hands slipped and ended up pulling Sawyer's ears. (It was so stinkin' hilarious! Sawyer's tough so he didn't cry).




Their little bodies are still a little awkward for them to control. They hit each other in the face and wrestle all of the time even though it's usually on accident.... like one kid is rolling/falling over or sitting on the other. It's so funny to watch.







They played on the chair for so long. Everett is getting brave enough to swing his leg over the arm and slide off. He's our little dare devil. As for Sawyer... he was thinkin' about it!




These sweet little guys bring me so much happiness and laughter during the day.




They play so good together. Everett gets a little stingy and possessive of his toys sometimes... but Sawyer's notorious for crawling over and stealing toys.




Once Everett put a toy in his mouth so that Sawyer wouldn't steal it! But he puts everything in his mouth so I wasn't too surprised.




Yesterday I put Sawyer in the walker to see if he would like it. He only got to play with the toys on it for like 2 seconds before Everett came crawling over, stood up behind the walker, and pushed the walker up and down the driveway (with Sawyer in it). Everett was laughing so hard. It's so fun to see what he thinks is funny!







Both of Sawyer's parents work during the day so Everett and I have gotten to spent a lot of time with the little man lately. I've noticed a huge change in Everett. He is so much happier and sweeter during the day... I think that he's happy to have a "bother!"


*I googled a brother from another mother just to make sure it meant only what I though it meant... which is a good friend that is more like a brother. (I just wanted to make sure Jake's reputation stayed clean :)

3 comments:

  1. I love this blog so much and I'm so jealous you get to play with the boys all day!!
    -Andrew aka Sawyer's Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute little guys! A good friend watched my kiddos when I went back to work part-time. Nine years later, her kids are still my kids' best friends. It's so great when that works out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so hilarious. I want to be your neighbor again. But this time as a grown up-with kids!

    ReplyDelete