Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bucket Hat To Ball Cap

I put a navy blue bucket hat on Everett every time we are outside. That way his eyes are shaded from the sun and I don't have to worry about putting sunscreen on his neck and ears. Well.... we live in an older/established neighborhood (with lots of retired-age people) and whenever we run into a neighbor they think Everett is a girl. I think that they think the bucket hat is a bonnet!

Then my friend blogged about some cute baby hats her sister makes. They are adorable. I thought that a ball cap might signify boyishness better than a bonnet... so I spent a couple naptimes making a new hat for Everett.... and one for Sawyer too!


(Sawyer is a much better hat model)






The hats are nowhere near perfect but I think they're adorable. I didn't have a pattern and I've definitely never made a hat before- so I took a hat that I had and tried my best to copy it. Both hats are made out of Jake's old firefighter T-shirt and knit scraps.

The first hat I made was orange and white with a green bill. It would've been awesome but I messed it up pretty bad.... then I came up with this one and I couldn't be happier!














*Now you know why Sawyer is a better hat model!

It's been pretty cloudy the last few days so we haven't had a real opportunity to try the hats out. If Ev leaves his hat on while outside I have a feeling I'll make a million more. They are just so cute!

2 comments:

  1. I. LOVE. THEM!!! They are adorable!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are amazing! You are so talented! They will match their matching shirts too! You could make money off those they are that good :) I am jealous of your skills right now lol. Thanks for including Sawyer! P.S. love the hat hair in the last pic

    ReplyDelete