Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wave Of Emotion


Another picture from Amy
I had to pick my heart up off of the grocery store floor today.

Everett and I were getting some last minute dinner items after a crazy workout at the gym. I was sweaty and very disgusting looking and was in a hurry to get out of the public eye. Everett was strapped in the cart, which was pulled to the side of the aisle, when an old man in a walker slowly walked past. I was grabbing some canned green beans off of the shelf when Everett looked at the old man..... and waved. It was the sweetest thing he's ever done and I was so proud of him. I was so proud that he was mine.

Everett is barely learning how to wave and the fact that he waved to a complete stranger (who didn't wave first) was a huge deal to me. Their aren't words to explain the feeling I had at that moment. It was just so sweet and genuine and it made me really, really happy. It was the highlight of my day, and I'm sure the old man's day too.

1 comment:

  1. What is it about waving babies? I think we could take some babies to the middle east and have them wave at Al Qaida and there would be no more wars.

    ReplyDelete