Friday, July 22, 2011

Hapuna Beach


We got to Hapuna Beach by 9:00 Thursday morning. It was only a 10 minute drive from our hotel, and rumor has it, that it's one of the top 10 beaches.

I haven't been to many beaches in my life but this was definitely on my top 10 list. The water was pretty warm, the sand was fine and soft, and the snorkeling was great.



We went snorkeling around the rocks behind us (in the picture above). The water was so clear, it was amazing. We saw black fish with purple stripes on the fins, little nemo-looking fish, tall flat yellow ones with black stripes, shiny white ones, a school of yellow ones, thousands of little tiny ones, even a little turtle.










Jake and his kite

We ran into a big group of friends/agents from back home and joined them. Think... warm beach, soft sand, cold drinks, sunbathing, magazines, books, pattleball, body surfing, snorkeling, and the best fish tacos and mango salsa you could ever imagine!



And that's pretty much how the rest of the day went. We were at Hapuna Beach from 9-5. Since I leaned my lesson the first time we went to Hawaii (for our honeymoon) I put sunscreen on more times than I can remember. I clearly remember asking Jake if he put sunscreen on and every time I asked he said yes.... but by the end of the day he was fried.










That evening was the welcome dinner. It was a luau by the Kona pool. The food was so delicious I couldn't even explain it if I tried. I'll just say that the pulled pork and Hawaiian rolls were to die for... and the sunset wasn't too bad either.
 













 
It really was an amazing day. It was exactly what I imagined a day in Hawaii would be like.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome vacation! I love reading about what you guys did and seeing the pictures :) I'm living through you... hahaha. Such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete