Friday, August 19, 2011

Accidentally Perfect

Several Sundays ago we were on our weekly bike ride through the neighborhood. Sunday bike rides are my favorite. We always talk about wants, wishes, gossip, and make plans for the future. This particular Sunday I was telling Jake how relieved I was that we weren't thinking about buying a house because that always stresses me out.

That night, after we put Crazy Pants to bed, Jake got curious and looked on the John L. Scott website to see what was on the market. The phrase, "Hey Babe, come look at this one!" was called out from the home office dozens of times that night.

A little over a week later we had an accepted offer for a cute, little rambler:




We got it for a good price and we're hoping to get a great interest rate. We feel really lucky and blessed to be getting such a cute house with such a big back yard:



 
We're really excited to move in (late Sept) and start on some projects but we are really dreading the actual move. I feel like we move a lot. (Every anniversary (including our wedding) has been at a different house... that's how many times we've moved.)

I've been consumed with thoughts and ideas on how to decorate and make the house ours.... but I'm fine with it not being perfect for a while... because I hope we stay there for a LOOOOONG time. Plus, the elementary and junior high schools are (pretty much) right in our back yard and it would be awesome to be able to walk Everett to school until he doesn't want me to anymore! (You can see the portables (that aren't there anymore) and the soccer goals in the picture above.)

It seems like the perfect house for us. It's a little crazy how it just landed in our laps like this.

(The story of buying this house reminds me of meeting Jake... I will definitely tell the tale sometime soon.)

2 comments:

  1. It is so cute! I bet it will be pretty darn near perfect once the cats leave (lol) and you have all your stuff inside, even if you don't do anything to it for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!!! That's so exciting! Can't wait to see how cute you make the inside!

    ReplyDelete