Wednesday, August 10, 2011

And That's How Marriage Works



It's our 5 year wedding anniversary today!

We had planned to get a baby sitter and take the day to go hiking and rock climbing but Jake was needed at the office... so maybe we'll get to have a date this weekend.

Year 5 is the year you're supposed to give a gift of wood. (This made me laugh- but in a very immature/inappropriate way. {please tell me you just laughed too?}) But Everett and I went shopping and found a nice wooden picture frame and printed my favorite, recent picture of Jake and I.




I cut out 5 hearts and wrote a summery of each past year on the hearts (year 5 is inside of the card). And then I made the coolest cake ever!


Jake came home with a bag of groceries and made me close my eyes. When I opened them, he was holding out my gift.... tetris... to play on the X-BOX.

And then we made dinner together. Jake bought groceries to make steak and potatoes. Jake made the most delicious and perfectly-seasoned sirloin and crusty french bread while I made sauteed asparagus with garlic and salt-rubbed baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, and green onions from the garden.







It was so tasty!



I'm so glad anniversaries are celebrated. It's so nice to look back and fall in love with your spouse all over again. And it's nice to buy a gift for your spouse that you wanted for yourself... (Jake is playing tetris as we speak and that picture frame?.. well, it's on my bookshelf now. That's how marriage works sometimes!)

Life, love, and marriage aren't always perfect... but I sure am happy with what I've been given:


5 comments:

  1. Congrats guys! I like the frame you got him. We have that frame and I love that saying about counting 'them' twice as a blessing! happy 5th guys, and eternity to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh every time I read! Happy anniversary you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Happy Anniversary you two! Such a cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed. And I laughed again at one of the nice cups having a straw (something I would do). Everett looks so happy looking at you guys :) What kind of cake is that? I want one now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I giggled... and smerked! I'm pretty sure that every year I think, "Oh Ya! We share our anniversary!"

    ReplyDelete