Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Countdown



UGH.

The countdown.

The waiting.

The stress.

The anxiety.

I can't wait until we finally close on our house so I can CHILL OUT! I've been such a mess for the last month and I still have a few more weeks to go...

I have painted and knocked down walls, I've painted the kitchen cabinets, I've built additions, and I've re-arranged the living room hundreds of times already... all in my mind and it's driving me INSANE! I worry and obsess until it's not fun anymore. 

I feel like I'm stalking my new house. 

I've looked at the pictures thousands of time. 

It's like having an itch and not being able to scratch it... or even look at it.... NO... it's more like having poison ivy. 

The anxiety.

The stress.

The waiting.

The countdown.

UGH. 


(The pictures have nothing to do with the post... they are just cool- and I am not- I am just a basket case)

5 comments:

  1. LOL your house is going to look so cool though. I wish I had your skills.

    If you need help with something, let me know.

    Those blueberries look tasty. We are planting a blueberry bush when we move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so me!! Steve was traveling (about 4 days a week) so the WHOLE process, from getting approved, to all the paperwork, to finalizing a loan, to picking a contractor, to picking all the paint colors, tiles, what to do to for the bathroom redo... I was a mess. I couldn't stop thinking and wondering and redoing and second guessing. Steve's reply? "It's not that time consuming, you're just over stressing" BLAH! It wasn't time consuming for him bc all he had to do was sign his name lol. I totally feel your pain but take some deep breaths. You're not going to fix everything the day you move in and while you can't get into your house, there isn't anything you can do about it. (I just wished I remembered that lol) Good Luck and I'm so excited for you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drive by on a weekly basis waiting for the sale sign to come down!! Man hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're cool AND and basket case :)
    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so been there! I even bought furniture before we moved into the house. Which turned out to be a bad idea. Hang in there. I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete