Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Small Steps

We got the keys to our house today.

I'm so grateful that we finally closed on the house. I felt like I was going to die. I've been so excited to move that I've packed nearly everything in anticipation. I couldn't find the can opener last night. I could've sworn that I didn't pack such a necessity but I couldn't find it... so I used a hammer.


(I found the can opener this morning hiding in the Tupperware drawer.)

I've felt that getting they keys would relieve all of my stress and anxiety.... but tonight I found that isn't so.

We got the key around 7 tonight. We opened the front door and walked in. The only thing that came out of my mouth for the first 10 minutes was, "It's SO small." Jake started to get mad so I had to stop saying it. (But it is small!)  The carpet smells like wet dog and the dryer hook-up is for gas (we have electric). I think the honeymoon phase of house buying is over. OVER. And we haven't even moved in.

There is so much work to be done and I feel a little overwhelmed.

But, at the end of the day, I am SO grateful to have this small house, SO grateful for a hard-working husband, SO grateful for a great interest rate, and SO grateful for my small family!

3 comments:

  1. We are free this weekend if you need help cleaning, moving boxes, etc. I think any house will look small next to your current one that is so big and open, I am sure it isn't bad lol. Also, I think my mom might have a carpet shampooer if you need to borrow one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you need help this weekend as well! I am so excited. I am sure once you move your furniture in and give it a touch of tyrell it will be perfect! Congrats on the house. Besides you can do whatever you want to it and hopefully it will be the first house with lots of sun for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we first moved in all we could see were all the little dings in the walls and scratches on the floor. And anytime I went to Home Depot or Walmart for a "few" things for the house I spent at least $100. It's a little crazy at first. But, when you get everything set up you will feel a lot better. You are really good at making a house a home! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete