Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mud, Apples, Pumpkins

A few Saturday's ago we went to the pumpkin patch. I like to go to the pumpkin patch for the pictures... and the fudge, pumpkins, gourds, corn, and festivities.... but mostly the pictures. Within a matter of minutes it was a repeat of the tulip festival...


I was a little upset but I've become used to it. So we don't have any good pictures of the pumpkin patch because Everett played in the mud the entire time AND he was a monster. He cried and threw fits and wouldn't cooperate for one second. (So this is life with a toddler boy? Sweet.) I'm trying to convince Jake (and myself) to go again this Saturday for the sake of having pumpkin patch pictures...

But a few days later Jake and I made caramel apples and carved our pumpkins after Everett went to bed. The caramel apples were thebomb.com. So delicious.

("Apple pie" {graham cracker crumbs with cinnamon and sugar}, Snickers, Oreo, Heath {MY FAVORITE}, coconut and mini chocolate chips, and a Reece's one just for Jake)


And here we are as a pumpkin couple! Aren't we just adorable!



I love Jake. And I love that he loves to do crafts in the kitchen with me. Now, if only Everett loved taking pictures with pumpkins we'd be all set!

5 comments:

  1. Cute pumpkins! Those apples look good too- if only I could eat caramel apples lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my!! I don't think I could let my kids crawl in that mud!!! LOL dirty boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I go to the pumpkin patch for our annual photos. And if my kids get dirty, I turn into a crazy mom. So, good for you for embracing the mud. He will learn to sit still eventually. But only for a few seconds. That is why you have an awesome camera that takes tons of pictures in those few seconds!! (That is my secret) :) I love your pumpkins. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those apples looks SOO yummy! I don't know how you make them look so nice. I've tried to make them before and they never look that good!---Good luck with the pics on Saturday. Hopefully there is no mud to tempt him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a brave mom and have much patience... I got one look of the mud and thought "my boys would have hated me as a mom" lol I better start preparing myself for a grandson I guess (do you think a sandbox will do?) lol

    ReplyDelete