Friday, November 25, 2011

I'm Grateful

Last Christmastime, I read a book called The Glass Castle. It changed the way I look at my everyday life and the way I looked at my parents and childhood.

A few months later a friend gave me a book called The Heretics Daughter and it also caused me to be grateful for my life and every convenience I enjoy.

I feel like I've always been a grateful person but these two books really illustrated how easy and enjoyable my life is and now I feel like I'm even more grateful for everything that surrounds me. You might not understand what I'm talking about if you haven't read one of the books... but either way, I'm so grateful for my life, my family, my experiences, my comfort, my faith, and my health... I'm so grateful to be me.

Things aren't perfect but they are so much better than they could be.

I'm grateful for my loving husband that goes to work everyday and works hard to provide a good life for our family. I'm also grateful to be a mother. The experiences I've had being a mother have humbled me and have caused me to be more compassionate towards others. I'm grateful for Everett... some of the sweetest moments in life have happened since his birth.


I'm grateful to live in America and enjoy the freedoms that I do.

I'm grateful for friends. I feel like Jake and I have been blessed with the greatest friends. Friends make life so much easier and so much more enjoyable and I'm so grateful for the fun times we've had together.

I'm grateful for Christ and the hope I have because of Him.
I'm grateful for this time of the year and the opportunity we all have to see the good in our lives.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Tyrell :) We need to plan a hang out morning soon. I have some baby shower ideas I wanna run past you :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness that's a beautiful picture of you! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, totally great picture of you. You're eyes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete