Sunday, November 13, 2011

In Other News...

Everett got a haircut (see above) which was one of the many reasons why Friday was an unlucky day. He was pretty much in a headlock the entire time. And then trying to give him a bath afterwards was like trying to bathe a mountain lion. A big one. With hair all over it.

Despite my satisfactory decorating skills, I'm TERRIBLE at picking out paint colors based on the tiny paint swatch.

All of my jeans are too big. I never thought this would be a problem.

My 17-year-old sister-in-law asked me to take her senior pictures. AND her friend wants to pay me to take her pictures, too. I stressed all night last night second guessing my skills. By 3 a.m. I vowed to stop stressing and have some fun with it. Then I fell asleep.

I have insomnia.

I'm c.r.a.z.y. sometimes.

I've been a much better cook lately. The other day I made tomatillo chicken out of the Martha Stewart cookbook. Martha Stewart takes the scenic route on everything... no shortcuts for her... so I was pretty proud when it turned out delicious. Today I made some pretty bomb turkey burgers with spinach and avocado for lunch...

...best turkey burgers I've ever had.

My Dad sent me birthday money last month and made me promise to only spend it on myself. (No problem, I said) So I signed up to run the Portland and Seattle Rock n' Roll 1/2 marathons next summer. 

I want a mac. And an iphone.

My goal for tomorrow is to wake up to an alarm (I'm hoping that this will help my body/brain wake up at the same time every morning and hopefully fall asleep around the same time every night).

My other goal? To not eat sugar for one whole day. That will be hard. I'm a sugar addict. I seriously have diabetes in a bowl every morning for breakfast, something random for lunch, lots of snacks/granola bars/M&M's/cookies/Nutella throughout the day, dinner, and then some sort of insulin nightmare before bed.

We need a family picture taken for a Christmas card that I may (or may not) send out.

We are getting a GIGANTIC tree cut down tomorrow. It's right in the middle of our front yard. It's costing us Jake's arms and my legs... but we couldn't be more excited.

Can you even see our house?

I can't wait for the occasional sunshine to shine INTO our windows! Hallelujah!

3 comments:

  1. At this point in time, my life is exactly that random... glad we can share woes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute haircut. I want Beany's to be that short but he is so blonde he would end up looking bald! I'm with you on the jeans. I finally bought some. Best decision ever. Macs are cool but overpriced for what they deliver- when I was getting mine I almost got one but the guy showed me a bunch with more power/storage for cheaper. I hope your alarm works... Andy and I had the worst insomnia before we had our current jobs, but waking up at the same time and being busy cured it thank goodness- it was awful (besides the fact that the gym was nearly empty if you go 10pm-midnight)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey thats awesome your jeans are too big! good job

    ReplyDelete