Monday, December 19, 2011

Day Ate

On the eighth day of Christmas we ATE a lot of food! I roasted my first chicken ever... and almost died.


They were BOGO at Safeway a few weeks ago so I stuck this one in the freezer. I made tomatillo chicken with the other one but made Jake cut it up because I didn't want to touch it. Well, I decided that it was time to get tough and roast this sucker. Just touching the skin had me all gaggy. I rinsed it off and discovered that there were body parts inside of the thing. I almost lost it. I was getting all sweaty and queasy. I didn't want to touch them so I turned the bird and shook it until the parts fell out.

I had to dig pretty deep to get tough enough to rub the chicken down with olive oil. I seasoned it up and then roasted it.

It was totally delicious. I was so proud of myself. I even made homemade mashed potatoes and gravy.

Then we went to the Webb's annual bunco party and ATE so many goodies. We had a blast and I'm pretty sure it was the best bunco party yet. They always have a white elephant gift exchange and Jake ended up with an air horn. Sweet. 

2 comments:

  1. You dumping your bird and shaking it until the parts fell out made me laugh so hard!!! I love you "turtle" :) :) :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious. And i guess we know who our friends are now...

    ReplyDelete