Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fantasy Lights


I'm really trying to celebrate Christmas to it's fullest this year. It seems like the years come and go a lot faster these days and sometimes it feels like if I don't do it now, I'll never do it. So for the 10th day of Christmas we drove over to the Fantasy Lights in Spanaway. The line of cars just to get into the entrance was a mile long and there was no way we were going to get in for at least an hour... so we turned around and went home. Sometimes things don't go as planned. 

So we went again tonight but got there the minute it opened. You pay $10/car and you get to drive through Spanaway park and look at all of the light displays. 




The moment we got into the park I felt like I was in Disneyland. I was pretty excited. I let Everett sit on my lap as we drove through the park. 



It was awesome. We all loved it. My favorite was the giant Santa ship.

(blurry pictures... that's what you get when you let your toddler sit on your lap!)


I'm assuming Everett's favorite was the train station.



Towards the end of the display Everett really wanted to sit on Jake's lap... he ended up steering a little!



He had so much fun driving and seeing all of the lights that he had a pretty big breakdown when he had to go back into his seat... (to be expected) but some Mcnuggets and an eggnog shake cheered him right up!




There was a Goodwill in the same parking lot as McDonald's so we went to check it out. We bought a few more books for Everett. When we got home Jake taught him how to READ his books:



Building towers and ramps for his cars. 



The 10th/11th day of Christmas was great. Our neighbors stopped by with a plate of cookies and the house could not have looked any worse. I am being so serious! But the cookies are tasty so I guess it was worth the embarrassment!

1 comment: