Friday, December 2, 2011

He Loves Me

I wear big (fake) pearl earrings almost everyday. I love them.

Yesterday, Everett took this ornament off the tree and held it up to my ear. "Eh?"



It took me a second to figure out what he was doing... but when I got it I thought it was the cutest thing ever. (He was trying to put my 'earrings' on me.) 


Everett helps me get ready for the gym everyday. Today he got himself ready, too.... he wanted to make sure all of his hair stayed out of his face : )


Then tonight he did the sweetest thing of all. Everett was laying on the changing table while Jake was putting a new diaper on him and I asked Everett where his head was. He pointed to it. Then I asked where his nose was. He pointed to his nose and then he pointed to my nose. I smiled and said how cute he was. But then he reached up, pulled my face in closer to his, and gave me a nose kiss (something Jake taught him). I almost died. It was so cute.

It's moments like these that make all the late nights, early mornings, slaps in the face, screams, worries, sacrifices, and frustrations all worth it.

It's all worth it to know that Everett knows me and that he loves me. He recognizes me (and what I wear). He loves me unconditionally and there's nothing more I could ask from him than that.

2 comments:

  1. Love the earrings!! Smart boy.. too cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, Cute!! Love that he was putting your workout bands on his head. Very smart, and so sweet.

    ReplyDelete