Thursday, January 26, 2012

Devoured

Our house is devouring every ounce of me right now. In fact, I even forgot one of my bestest friends baby shower was last night... I totally spaced. The only thing I can think about is the fact that our house (and my life) are covered in plastic right now. Ev and I have been barely surviving the last 6 days living in two small bedroom... without a kitchen. 

Thankfully, the texture was stayed last night. 


Absolutely everything that wasn't 100% covered got textured. 



So last night, when they were spraying the texture, we left the house and headed to ikea (WHY didn't I remember the baby shower!?!?!?!). 

We looked at the kitchen cabinets again and bought a few for the laundry room. On the way out of the store, we stopped and got some ice cream. Everett's last run in with ice scream was a little rough... but this time he loved it. 

We bought two cones. One for me, one for Jake. As soon as Jake handed me my cone, Ev snatched it out of my hands. At first, he was just pressing his mouth onto the ice cream. 



He wasn't really eating any... just melting it with his lips. We showed him how to lick it with his tongue and then every last drop of that cone made it into his little tummy! 



It had to be one of the funniest/cutest things Everett has ever done. He would stick he tongue out and just wag it side to side on the cone. Hilarious!
About half way into the drive home he grunted at me a few times (because he still isn't talking). I turned around and he handed me his cone. He had licked everything out of the cone. It was ALL gone and it didn't even leak out of the bottom. I don't even know how he got his tongue into the very bottom of the cone!




He devoured it. Like the house is devouring me. Every last drop. 

Jake stayed home from work today to get everything primered and painted so that we could take the plastic down. 








(The ceiling paint goes on light pink and then dries white... so you know where you've painted.)


I am so glad he was able to paint today because I don't think I could have made it another day. All of the plastic is gone and our house is much more livable. Jake is passed out in bed. He woke up at 4:30 this morning to get it all done. He's kind-of a big deal.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment