Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fireplace Decorations

Before we moved in I told Jake that I didn't want to mount our TV over the fireplace because I wanted to decorate it instead. 

After a few months of having the TV on a stand we decided that our floor space was more valuable than some decorations above the fireplace.  I was a little bummed because I thought our fireplace would be ugly forever... but it turns out that it doesn't look so bad after all!



I made a little something to hang across the fireplace. It's just some jute/twine with burlap strips tied around it but I'm completely in love with it. 




I used about a yard and a half of burlap so it the entire project cost $6.50. So get cracking' on your own... I know you want one!



2 comments:

  1. CUTE! I love burlap lately too. You need to help me with some cool decorations- all our walls are pictures of us which is kind of too much lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you know I want one. I just need a fireplace. It won't look as cute just hanging on my wall as yours does with your cute little fireplace. *sigh. Seriously, I think you have SUCH an adorable house!

    ReplyDelete