Monday, January 30, 2012

It's Going To Look Great... Someday


Is it bad that living in my house makes me nauseous? Well, it does. Not because it's dirty... but because we are knee deep in an accidental kitchen renovation and everything is jalopy and unorganized. 

Check out our kitchen. 

(I seriously look at this picture and smile while my stomach hurts. It makes me want to gag and laugh all at the same time.)


At least the ceiling looks nice now...



Wouldn't this drive you crazy too?!?!?!?!!?




There is a certain part of me that has just let go. It took a long time... but it happened. But there is still the part of me that looks at my surroundings and gets agitated. My mind is a mess because my house is a mess. I can't seem to remember anything anymore.

But don't feel too bad for us because we are waiting to fix it on purpose.

We are 90% sure of the exact cabinets we are getting but the counter tops that we would love to have are just as expensive as the cabinets.

Jake is working the Amfam booth at the home show in Seattle at the end of February. He has worked the home show for the last several years and he said that it always seems like there are a ton of counter top people there giving good deals.... so, we're hopeful that we'll be able to score a decent deal on counter tops.

So we don't want to buy and install the cabinets without an exact plan for the counter tops... and who knows, maybe we'll even change our minds on the cabinets at the home show.


It's really stressful making such expensive decisions like this. Jake and I are quick to change our minds... which scares us when it comes to permanent changes like this. But it's also very exciting to work with a blank slate. We pretty much have walls, pluming, and appliances to work around and that's it. Even our walls are white now. 


It's going to look great... someday. 

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. I'd love to see it when it's all done. Whenever that happens to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen has so much potential (but yes, it would totally drive me crazy too)! I can't wait to see what you do with it; you have done an amazing job so far!

    ReplyDelete